How to Keep Your Gig Workers Happy and Get More Out of Them
If you use a contingent workforce (contract or gig workers) then you know the importance of keeping them engaged, happy, and productive. To make the most of this flexible, on-demand type of workforce, you must make sure you are doing things that maximize the workers’ journey, experiences, and efficiency. Here’s how…
Customize Their Journey
- Personalize every step of the onboarding journey. Every aspect of their onboarding journey needs to communicate that you care.
- Deliver role-based training, custom skills development, and more. If they know you are willing to invest in them, they will go above and beyond for the goals of the company.
- Give employees the support they need when they need it. John Maxwell said it best, “People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.” Give every employee a point of contact they can go to if any issues arises concerning their job.
Streamline Their Experiences
- Integrate online onboarding with your hiring and recruiting systems. A gig worker’s experience is significantly improved when they can access and complete onboarding via a device they can use on the go or at home.
- Use AI-powered tools to give employees instant answers. Make it easy for a work to find the information they need without having to climb mountains to find it.
- Ensure common, consistent, and rewarding communications. Whether it’s the completion of onboarding, issues with payroll, or timekeeping, great communication is key to keeping a worker happy.
Increase Their Efficiency
- Capture and reuse complex onboarding workflows. The more you can automate the onboarding journey, the less repetitive and manual work is required of you which allows you to focus on your core competencies.
- Prevent issues with increased visibility into every step. Keep your peace of mind by using onboarding tools that allow you to follow each candidate through their onboarding journey.
- Use powerful dashboards to continually improve experiences. Access to reports and invoicing allows you to continually evaluate the success of your workforce program and relay the appropriate information to key stakeholders.
Gigomy Can Help You Grow Better and Faster
It can be overwhelming trying to manage a workforce comprised of contingent workers while ensuring their happiness. Gigomy helps to relieve that burden and manage all of your contract workers including online onboarding, engaging, timekeeping, payrolling, managing and administering benefits, and everything else! For more information or to chat with us, contact us or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org